As a member of IEEE, you will get the opportunity in participating in activities that interest you while expanding your knowledge of IEEE, gaining valuable management and leadership skills and connecting with others in your profession. The benefits associated with volunteer opportunities include:
- Enhancing your knowledge in all aspects of technology
- Helping guide the evolution of your field
- Networking with professionals around the world
- Improving product and project management
- Gaining confidence and developing presentation skills
Some of the opportunities that come along with IEEE Membership are itemized below.
IEEE members have a powerful tool to help gain a competitive edge in the employment process. IEEE ResumeLab is an online service that allows IEEE members to develop a resume or curriculum vitae using specialized tools tailored for each step of the job seeking process. This product is added to the list of offerings that assist members as they find jobs and develop their careers.
IEEE ResumeLab is designed with a series of modules that assist the member through the employment process. Key modules and features include Resumes, Letters, Skills Assessment, Mock Interviews, Video Resumes and Portfolio.
IEEE offers a number of Student Travel Grants to assist Student Members in attending conferences and presenting papers. Additional student grant opportunities may be found by visiting an IEEE Conference Web site matching your technical interest. Following are some of the grants offered by IEEE Societies that are designated for Student Members only. To apply, you will need to follow the appropriate link to obtain eligibility and applications
- IEEE Circuits and Systems Society
- IEEE Computational Intelligence Society
- IEEE Communications Society
- IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society
- IEEE Industry Applications Society
- IEEE Information Theory Society
- IEEE Instrumentation & Measurement Society
- IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques Society
- IEEE Nuclear and Plasma Sciences Society
- IEEE Power Electronics Society
- IEEE Signal Processing Society
- IEEE Solid-State Circuits Society
The IEEE Foundation supports various Education Funds to support the brightest and most capable young minds. To view each grants requirements or to apply, you will need to visit the Education Funds Web page for further details.
IEEE offers a variety of scholarships, grants, and fellowships for IEEE Student members. Submit a project or paper for consideration and have the opportunity to win and gain peer recognition for your effort. These Scholarships, Grants and Fellowship includes:
- IEEE Charles LeGeyt Fortescue Fellowship
- IEEE Computational Intelligence Society Conference Travel Grants
- IEEE Computational Intelligence Society Summer Research Grant
- IEEE Computer Society Merwin Scholarship
- IEEE Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation Society Graduate Student Fellowship
- IEEE Electron Devices Society Graduate Student Fellowship
- IEEE James C. Klouda Memorial Scholarship Award
- IEEE Life Members’ Fellowship in Electrical History
- IEEE Life Member Graduate Study Fellowship in Electrical Engineering
- IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques Society Graduate Fellowships
- IEEE Nuclear and Plasma Sciences Society Graduate Scholarship Award
- IEEE Photonics Society Graduate Student Fellowship Program
- IEEE Power and Energy Society Scholarship Program
As a student or graduate student member of IEEE you have a variety of resources and valuable opportunities available to you to help advance your career. IEEE student members are eligible for discounts offered by IEEE partners.
IEEE members now have access to 299 eBooks from the IEEE Press collection through IEEE Xplore, at no additional cost. The eBook collection spans a number of today’s technologies across 15 different content areas and includes:
- Practical handbooks;
- Introductory and advanced texts;
- Reference works; and
- Professional books.
New eBooks are added into this digital library every year.
IEEE provides an opportunity for students to grab the job opportunities provided by the industrial giants.